Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Where did my summer go ?
I can't believe that August is almost gone,and that means that summer is reaching it's end.How can that be ?It just got here.We had to put a new liner in our pool (after almost 23 years I guess that we got our money's worth on the first one ),but I will not be using the pool much longer this year with Fall fast approaching.We had about a three to four week spell of really hot & humid days,but this past couple of weeks we have had lots and lots of much needed rain,and my pool runneth over.I am very thankful for the rain ,however it has lowered the water temp.in my pool.But I must brave it and enjoy every last bit of swimming weather while I can ! The signs of Autumn are all around.All the late summer wild flowers are blooming,the grass has that fall growth look,the nights are getting just a hint of a nip to them,and even the night sounds coming through an open bedroom window have that "enjoy it while you can" sound,because Winter will be here sooner than you think.I wish that I could tuck away some of these beautiful Autumn Summer days,when the sun is glorious,and the sky is that perfect color of blue,and you just want to take it all in and enjoy it and thank God for such a treasure; then on a cold ,dark,gloomy ,winter day,I could take out that perfect day that I have tucked away !But thank goodness that God is in control and He gives us what we need each day and each season."To everything there is a season,a time for every purpose under heaven."Ecc.3:1. So I will truly cherish and enjoy my last summer days,and someday in the middle of winter,I will look out on a new day when God has covered everything with a blanket of pure perfect white snow,and the sky will be that perfect color of blue,and the sun will shine gloriously,and sparkle on the snow like a million diamonds,and I will say "Thank you God for a Perfectly Beautiful Day,and for the perfection in your design and control of the universe." P.K.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hate to wish the summer away, but ti is still over 100 here. Too hot! We haven't had the air conditioner off since May. Yes, May. Imagine our electric bill. And unfortunately, we don't get white blankets of snow. )0:
I'm glad you posted grandma, I'm looking forward to more posts!
I can't wait for winter. It is way to hot here.
You need to comment on some more blogs. Then you'll get more comments!
Love ya Grammy!
♥Autumn
Post a Comment